Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love pasta!

After getting home a little later than usual, I decided to make something that is really quick and easy, but still very filling and comforting.   I would have to say that pasta is absolutely one of my favorite things (among many others), especially good ol’ Italian food.  There is just nothing like it in my opinion. 

Here are the steps, so easy!

  1. First I boiled some leftover pasta (which I always have somewhere)
  2. Sauté various veggies in a pan with a little olive oil, mrs. dash or any of your favorite Italian seasonings.  You can also add some chicken sausage in there too, but I didn’t have any on hand.
  3. Warm up some marinara sauce (I had some leftover homemade sauce in the freezer)
  4. Then assemble to your liking:  I placed about 1 cup pasta on the bottom (I was hungry!), 2/3 cup sauce, a big scoop of veggies (more the better), 1/3 cup of fontina and mozzarella cheese, sprinkling of parmesan. 
  5. Place under a pre-heated broiler and broil till golden brown and bubbly!  Sprinkle some fresh basil on top.  So yummy and so easy!   

100_2201

After visiting with my grandma, who is in town from NC, I was still kind of hungry (gasp!)  So I had a small bowl of cereal with chocolate almond milk and a few grapes.  I know it sounds weird, but the chocolate almond milk from Almond Breeze is soo good!  Now I’ll have plenty of energy stores for spin tomorrow at 6am.  Wish me and my bum good luck :)

2 comments:

Happy2B said...

Hey Kristen:

I love this site! by any chance do you have advice for someone (Eric) that is training for a mini and a fill marathon? your recommends to keep the energy going while not overeating in the process?

Heather

Happy2B said...

Hey Kristen:

Love the site! you go girl:) OK, so Mr Eric started training for the AF Marathon in September...any advice on healthy power foods, that will keep up his energy but allow him to feel full and lose weight?