Saturday, January 23, 2010

just a quick hello

Hello!  I hope you all had a nice week!  I think Vegas has gotten more rain in these past 4 days than we have in all last year!  Crazy.  I can’t believe how much rain California is getting too.  Overall this week has been nice, work wasn’t too crazy, I got my committee together for my thesis (finally) and I may be doing a couple cooking classes for Whole Foods!  The site is sooo close, but there are a few things that I need help with still, so I just won’t say a date anymore :) ugh. 

IMG_7576

I got some pretty good workouts in this week:

Mon - thanks to the handy dandy bike trainer I rode for about an hour watching SYTYCD & tweeting, all while it was pouring outside.

Tues - body pump was a nice hour full-body weight sesh

Wed - Rest

Thurs - 3.5 mile run, progress!!

Fri – early morning spin, woot!

We’ve been having some yummy eats too.  I’ll have to share a crockpot pesto chicken recipe with you soon.  I think this was the most tender white meat I’ve ever had.  Just melts in your mouth like butta’. 

IMG_7613

And is the bomb for paninis with gooey, crusty pesto cheese.

IMG_7670

I think I’m on a muesli kick this week and breakfast this morning was pretty tasty! 

IMG_7701 

This bowl included:

  • 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill muesli mix
  • 1/3 cup NF milk
  • 1/3-1/2 cup TJ’s NF honey Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 naner
  • little squirt of agave + cinnamon

This morning I added some Kashi Warm Cinnamon, 1/4 naner, grapes, peanut butter and Nutella!!  oh man the Nutella sent it over the top.  Yum!

Plus it just tastes better in a cute bowl :)

IMG_7712

Sorry this is so short, I need to get to studying, researching, getting the site presentable, organizing about 2,000 pictures, making granola bars and prepping food for the week.  Kabocha black bean burgers are on the menu tonight! 

Happy Weekend to you all!

10 comments:

MelindaRD said...

How great that you could use the bike trainer while it has been pouring there. I heard lots of flooding going on. Got love the um drainage system or something...

The Paris Food Blague said...

kabocha black bean burgers? sounds amazing!

a bientot
the paris food blague

Shannon said...

Boy you are a busy girl! But I'm glad you've been able to get in some good workouts and some good food!

I can't wait to see your granola bars!

Anonymous said...

I've been want to take cooking classes too, but haven't quite seemed to fit it in yet. Can't wait to hear about them! And omg, that sandwich looks amazing. I don't know what it is, but grilling a sandwich turns it from good to 'gasmic.. imo! :)

Devan said...

I love your bowl!!!

Michal said...

cant wait for the new site, im so excited for it! that is so cool that your thinking about taking cooking classes at whole foods, thats another reason why i wish i had a whole foods near by me :)

Meredith Brooks said...

Thanks for the comment - bike trainers can provide awesome workouts!

I am definitely going to have to get a new back tire before I hit the roads again though because the trainer has pretty much stripped it bare.

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Congrats on the committee (I know that can be stressful) and sounds like you may be doing some neat things soon! How cool would it be to do a cooking class at Whole Foods?! I would go if you were teaching.

Hopefully you will post about this Kabocha black bean burger, it sounds amazing.

Have a nice weekend :)

Emily said...

Congrats on getting things together for your thesis committee! That's progress and definitely exciting. Let me know how it goes!

I saw your Tweet about a Garmin and looked it up...I may have to invest in one very soon. :-)

I think it's awesome that you watched SYTYCD and cycled at the same time. It would be a really cool project to see if exercise (aka treadmill desks or treadmills/bikes in classes) helped improve academic performance. I'm sure it would promote weight loss if office workers were allowed to cycle or walk on a treadmill instead of sit for 8 hrs. a day.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

That pesto chicken in the crock pot sounds WONDERFUL! Post that recipe, puhhhlease?? :)

Killer workouts this week! I love it!

I can't wait for your new site to roll out!