Friday, June 26, 2009

recipe lineup

Happy Friday to everyone!  Or if it’s not your Friday, I hope it’s getting closer to your rest days.  For some reason this week I was tired, just plain tuckered.  I think a lack of sleep had a lot to do with it, and that’s exactly what I plan to do this weekend is get some rest!  Even though I was really tired I still managed to make it to the gym and work pretty dang hard 4 out of the 5 days.  My stats for a kickbox class were 197 max HR and I burned 532 kcals!  Wow, that’s the most I’ve burned in a 1 hour class.  I think when I make it on Monday, I get on this gym streak that I don’t want to break.  I just feel so good afterwards, plus I like to eat!  What’s your motivation to get in physical activity? 

Weekends are just glorious to me, and too dang short in my opinion!  I’d like to live in places like Europe where lunch is strewn out over 2 hours and maternity leave is months at a time for mom and dad!  Life’s just too short, but we have to make those dolla bills somehow, sigh.  I’m still working on the career of my dreams that I never tire of, does this happen in real life? 

I don’t have too much planned this weekend (gasp!) besides getting some rest and catching up on things.  Because I am such a planner by nature, I just wanted to give you a sneak peak to the method of my madness.  I usually plan the meals for the following week on the Friday before.  This is when I go grocery shopping too, right after work.  This way I don’t have to worry about it over the weekend when it’s a madhouse out there, and I can focus on prepping other things for the week.

I use a program called OneNote to plan most things like recipes, menus, classes, and miscellaneous things like wines to try, books I like, meetings or travel plans.  It’s a really great program.  I just set up a table like this for each week and change it as things arise and don’t quite work out.  Plus you can put pictures anywhere you want with lots of cool backgrounds and colors.  Those are some pictures of our eating adventures when we went to Portland.  Such a cool place!  I should do a post just to reminisce because we went before I started my blog.

image

I also can store all my recipes and print new ones to the files that I want to try:  (these granola bars from Angela at Oh She Glows look awesome!)

image

Here’s the line-up for this coming week so far (we’ll see how it goes).  I usually make 3 larger meals and then we have leftovers from those the rest of the time and for lunch.  Stay tuned, and hopefully I’ll get to posting them!

image

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

Any fun plans? 

10 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

OneNote? Do you have to pay for this service/product? I think it looks really cool, and for me that's amazing because I am so picky about my planners and organizational tools. One Christmas Nick bought me a Coach planner and I didn't like it. Two reasons: first there was not enough space for me to fill in my daily to-do list and second, I never spend more than 20 bucks on a planner! And twenty is a lot! I think he realized I was not a fan.

We really are so much a like, it's scary. Do your friends keep asking you when you are getting engaged?? Mine do. I keep telling them, hellllloooo, we have no money!! I'm in school, and his job doesn't make enough for us to even think about a wedding right now, come on!

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend :)

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Gosh I wish I was as organized as you (and Gina)-but I've never been,and never will be!! I always envy guys like you,but my planning never lasts for more than a day :(

Emily said...

Sounds like an amazing kickboxing class! I've never tried one before, but I think it sounds like fun. Good job hitting the gym even though you were tired this week. Knowing that I'll feel better after I workout always motivates me, and I also like to eat! :-)

kristen :) said...

Sweta - sometimes I wish I wasn't so planning oriented! It would be nice to just go with the flow, and I'm sure your system works just as well :)

Emily - yea, you should try it, the ones here at lvac are all really good :)

Anonymous said...

Wow- I need to learn some planning/organization from you too!!

I am teaching a Weekend Warriors outdoor class this weekend...but otherwise, I am with you- relaxation here I come.

Have a great weekend, Kristen!

Jackie said...

Wow you seem super organized, I need to learn from you! I'm like the opposite, make everything in a rush, a total procrastinator lol

Jackie @ PhamFatale.com

chow and chatter said...

have a restful weekend neat program

Susie. said...

I am from Portland, I could tell right away that was a picture of the Max on your side bar and got excited :D Glad you enjoyed the city. I love the NW!

Astra Libris said...

Wow, I am so impressed by your organization!! Thank you so much for the tips and the glimpse into your organization method, because now that I'm working long shifts I've found much more of a need to plan menus in advance! Your menu for this week sounds incredible! I can't wait to hear more about the delicious dishes, and see you beautiful photos! :-)

Congrats on your kickboxing stats! *high five!* The way I feel afterward is definitely my motivation for working out too - I love how much more energy I have throughout the day!

Ohhhh, I couldn't agree more with you about weekends... :-) Even though I LOVE my job, I'm still so glad when the weekend (or whenever my days off fall, if I have to work on the weekend) arises! :-)

Thinspired said...

Wow--your OneNote is so fancy! I just have a bunch of lists in mine ;) Maybe I'll try to do a menu planner like yours. Every week I say I will plan my meals and I never do! Yikes!